Algorithms aren’t gods. We need not believe that they rule the world in order to admit that they influence it, sometimes profoundly.
j j j
Some things the book talks about:
- The flinch is why you don’t do the work that matters, and why you won’t make the hard decisions.
- Over a lifetime, those who listen too much build a habit of trust and conformity.
- Avoiding the flinch withers you, like an old tree that breaks instead of bending in a storm.
- The anxiety of the flinch is almost always worse than the pain itself.
- Flinch avoidance means your everyday world becomes a corridor.
- Train yourself to flinch forward, and your world becomes a series of obstacles to overcome, instead of attacks you have to defend yourself from.
- If you aren’t willing to sacrifice your comfort, you don’t have what it takes to make a difference.
j j j